Our Nokia Networks business is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.
Nokia European Software & Engineering Center hires dedicated, enthusiastic and passionate people, who create the largest ITC R&D in Poland. Our facilities in Wroclaw are located in three sites and accommodate one of the biggest test telecommunications labs in Middle and Eastern Europe. Apply and experience the adventure of a lifetime!!!
Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect. Nokia is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, colour, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
SUMMER TRAINEE PROGRAMME
Nokia invests in young talents. Every year students of different specializations have a chance to gain their first work experience under the guidance of experienced mentor.
Organization: Fixed Networks
Position: Summer Trainee – SDN (Software Defined Networks) Software Developer
As a summer trainee in the Fixed Networks team you will:
- gain general knowledge of Fixed Network solutions, Broadband Network, different PONs (Passive Optical Network) types implementation
- get practical experience with using Python for WEB applications (REST API), React
- Get familiar with containerized software
- familiarize with SDN solutions for Fixed Network (Nokia Altiplano Access controller, SEBA, VOLTHA, and more…)
- Intent-Based Networking
- work with the mentor and the team on your own project
- maintain documentation in English
We work with:
- Operating systems: Linux
- Methodologies: CI/CD, Agile, SCRUM
- Next generation technologies
- object oriented programming understanding
- Linux environment knowledge
- problem solving and analytical skills
- min. 1-2 years of academic background
- team-player attitude
- good spoken and written English
Duration of the internship: 3 months (July – September)