At Nokia, we create technology that helps the world act together.
As a trusted partner for critical networks, we are committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed, and cloud networks. We create value with intellectual property and long-term research, led by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs.
Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
Watch our video to discover how we create meaningful interactions to drive human progress.
About Cloud & Network Services
Cloud and Network Services is a leading Nokia business group that offers Network solutions on Core, Business and Enterprise segments, as well as Cloud solutions and Cognitive Services. It is a newly formed business group, that includes most of the former Nokia Software business, Nokia’s enterprise solutions, core network solutions including both voice and packet core, and managed and advanced services from its former Global Services unit. This unit will also act as a delivery channel of certain products from other business groups to enterprise customers. Cloud and Network Services (CNS) will target growth by leveraging the industry transition to cloud-based delivery, network-as-a-service business models, and software-led value creation.
About Nokia CNS SaaS
While SaaS is on fire in the general marketplace, it’s just beginning to emerge in the telecommunications sector. SaaS is important to us, not only because the market demands it, but because it produces a predictable and steady revenue stream. Our mandate is to drive Nokia’s adoption of this lucrative business model, leading communications service providers (CSPs) to new opportunities and profit. SaaS will eventually encompass our industry and we need to be in front of this tectonic shift to capitalize on the first-mover advantage.
We lead the “Software-as-a-Service” revolution in the Communications and Media industry through disciplined execution and high integrity, building on Nokia’s heritage as the premier industry thought leader and trusted technology partner to Communications Service Providers and Enterprises.
We create technology that helps the world act together by delivering innovative and contemporary “Software-as-a-Service” products, enabling Nokia customers to rapidly deliver new and profitable communications services to their respective markets.
The Nokia CNS SaaS Delivery and Operations department is looking for a talented UI/UX Designer & Front-End Developer professional to join our team. As a UI/UX Designer & Frontend Engineer, you will define and implement visual and experience solutions for Nokia SaaS Delivery and Operations framework. You will execute all visual design stages from concept to final hand-off to development, while designing consistently and working on constant improvements. In addition, you are responsible for coding, developing, building and proposing technical solutions utilizing existing or new technologies. You will work in a collaborative, friendly agile environment with a wide range of modern technologies giving you the opportunity to constantly develop your skills.
Job Responsibilities & Competencies
- Working with clients (User Tests / User Research) to better understand their needs.
- Considering existing applications and evaluating their UX (user experience) effectiveness
- Translate and interpret functional requirements into use cases or User Interface (UI) design.
- Communicating scenarios (hypothetical users), end-to-end experiences, interaction models, and screen designs to other people working on a product
- Developing and maintaining design wireframes (basic mock-ups of applications) and specifications
- Be able to simplify complex information into intuitive graphics, diagrams, tables and other forms of data representation.
- Create prototypes of low and high fidelity.
- Work with other designers to ensure the "User Experience" consistency within Nokia products.
- Finally, because of the international presence of Nokia employees and the geographic diversity of its customers, you will often have to interact with teams located abroad. Supporting technical conversations in English and knowing how to work with people from different cultures are therefore essential
- 3 or more years of demonstrated experience in creating and implementing UX design
- Proficiency building interface desing using tools such as Axure, Sketch, Marvel, Figma or others
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to create top-performing interfaces for clients
- Experience creating storyboards and website mapping
- Experience with coding and ability to troubleshoot using HTML, CSS and comparable languages
- Experience on developer tools ( git, Jenkins, npm, gradle)
- Cloud technologies: Docker, Kubernetes (Nice to have)
- Self-directed engagement and delivery
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people. At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Nokia culture welcomes people as their true selves. Come create technology that helps the world act together.