Atos is a global leader in digital transformation with 107,000 employees and annual revenue of over € 11 billion. European number one in cybersecurity, cloud and high performance computing, the Group provides tailored end-to-end solutions for all industries in 71 countries. A pioneer in decarbonization services and products, Atos is committed to a secure and decarbonized digital for its clients. Atos is a SE (Societas Europaea), listed on Euronext Paris and included in the CAC 40 ESG and Next 20 Paris Stock indexes.
The purpose of Atos is to help design the future of the information space. Its expertise and services support the development of knowledge, education, and research in a multicultural approach and contribute to the development of scientific and technological excellence. Across the world, the Group enables its customers and employees, and members of societies at large to live, work and develop sustainably, in a safe and secure information space.
The activities performed by the Proposal Bid Manager for Rainbow Level 6 deals, are the same as done by a Bid Team for larger deals: Bid Management, Financial Engineering, Proposal Writing and Solution Management. The only exception is Solution Architecture, although, for simple cases, this can also be done by the Proposal Bid Manager.
Key responsibilities for the role of Proposal Bid Manger include:
- Development of winning propositions including.
- Writing proposals and/or elements as required
- Development of costings and models to identify opportunity to meet client business cases
- Development and delivery of presentations to key stakeholders
- Review and validate requirements, consulting with Customer Landscape Architect (CLA) or similar Client Team roles.
- Analyze incoming data documents together with Demand Requests.
- Create a work breakdown schedule including deliverables and timelines.
- Consult with the CLA when developing a Solution Strategy for meeting Customer’s requirements as well as Atos business requirements.
- Manage the process towards a coherent Priced Solution in line with the Solution Strategy.
- Understand the contract unit pricing and the impact of the Demand on the ongoing priced volumes.
- Consolidate the response solution elements.
- Follow Atos Review & Approvals processes in line with RAINBOW.
- Maintain relationships with relevant external suppliers as required for meeting the deadlines.
- Ensure a high standard of quality, consistency and accuracy of proposals and communications issued for assigned Demands.
- Review rejected proposals, contribute to Lessons Learnt Reports.
- Update the agreed information in the standard tooling according to agreed way of working.
Essential / Minimum Criteria
- Experience in any of the following: Architecture, Consultancy - Business and ICT, Project Management, PMO, Service Delivery Management, Support / Service desk, Technical Engineering, Networks (Technical), Testing, Big Data, Security, Application modernization, management and hosting, Platforms; Server Tooling.
- Generalist experience with a balance across multiple service or technology areas.
- Understanding the needs, objectives and constraints of those in other disciplines and functions.
- Ability to present and negotiate technical parts with decision maker negotiation skills.
- Presentation skills; presence and credibility in front of key stakeholders.
- Good leadership skills with the ability to coordinate activities with multiple stakeholders, and capability of motivating team members to achieve successful outcomes.
- Ability to work in a time pressured environment while remaining decisive.
- Analytical skills.
- Ability to apply creative thinking and innovation to solution development and client challenges.
- Takes ownership of issue resolution.
- Familiar with national / international standards associated with ICT practice (e.g. ITIL).
Nice to have:
- Expertise in at least one solution area e.g. digital workplace, cloud & infrastructure, cross functional services, networking, mainframe and or security.
- Understanding of the latest Transition and Transformation approaches, for their own area of expertise.
- Experience in working within incremental and/or new business deal culture & teams.
- Experience in a relevant solution management, project management, service management, senior solution, or technical architecture position.
- Broad technical knowledge.
- Demonstrate experience in shaping solutions from a commercial and service perspective.
- Shipley Proposal Writing certificate.
Here at Atos, we want all of our employees to feel valued, appreciated, and free to be who they are at work. Our employee lifecycle processes are designed to prevent discrimination against our people regardless of gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, or any other aspect which makes them unique. Across the globe, we have created a variety of programs to embed our Atos culture of inclusivity, and work hard to ensure that all of our employees have an equal opportunity to contribute and feel that they are exactly where they belong.